Saturday, July 23, 2011

My First Attempt in PTPL Penang Toastmaster Club

Well...
This is my first blog in English..
I don't care how rubbish my English is, but at least, I am trying my best to do something BEYOND my limit!

Yes, that's the word : B.E.Y.O.N.D
Word of the day in today's PTPL Penang Toastmaster Club meeting.

What is the extraordinary mile which i wish to achieve in my life?
This is the question that Toastmaster of the Day (TOD) asked during the meeting.

And my answer to the audience was: I want to improve my English, build up my English...I want everything good in English. That's why i am here today, to do my first speech.

My first assignment speech: Ice Breaker, with a BOMBASTIC title "MULTI-IDENTITY IRON LADY''

The night before, at around 11.30pm, i started to prepare my speech. In Toastmaster Club, the first assignment requires us to introduce ourselves. I was thinking...whenever we listen to other people introduce themselves during the first speech, most of them will start from their childhood, education, family etc etc. I wish to do something out of the box. And that's why i came out with the title like this. "Multi-Identity Iron Lady" to attract audiences' attention when they listened to my title.

So glad that i didn't use any notes during my speech although i had a little bit of nervous and my leg keep shaking. And so glad that i had my mentor / emcee partner / business partner / teacher / counselor / greatest happiness - my dearest, to be my assignment evaluator. He gave me a very professional evaluation but i still think that he can be more strict to me so that i can improve even faster and better.

All and all, i gave myself a 80% for my speech today as i was not well-prepared due to my overload work and insufficient of time to prepare. However,i think i had go beyond my limit to stand in front the stage and present my first speech although English is not my main language. I believe i can do it much more better from time to time and achieve the level like dear..

Keep it up Yiwen..You can do it!!
To infinity..And BEYOND~~

No comments: